Dr. Medha Bhat
Dr. Medha is a senior resident in critical care at Aster RV, Bengaluru. She has completed Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as per American Heart Association (AHA) conducted by Indian Institute of Emergency Medical Services in 2012 and in 2017, at NH as per the new guidelines. Dr Medha obtained MBBS from JSS Medical College, Mysore in 2010.
Later, in 2015, Dr. Medha obtained MD in Anaesthesiology from A.J Institute of Medical Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore. She completed a Fellowship in Critical Care from Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine (IDCCM), at Narayana Health, Bengaluru, in 2016.
Dr. Medha started working as Junior Resident in Neurosurgery and Neuro ICU department for a year between 2011 to 2012, at SSIM and RC, Davangere. Later, while completing her MD in Anaesthesiology & Critical Care, she worked as Junior Resident at A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre from 2012 to 2015.
She worked as a senior registrar in post-cardiac and cardiac ICU at NH and Manipal Hospitals, Bengaluru in 2016. Dr. Medha completed her Fellowship in Critical Care at NH in 2017. Prior to joining Aster RV, she was working as a Senior Resident in Critical Care at Manipal Hospitals, Goa. Dr. Medha has nearly 10 years of experience in Critical Care.
Presentation and Research work
- E-poster presentation on morbid obesity and anaesthetic implications at KISACON in 2013 (the 30th Annual State Conference of the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists) at Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Published dissertation title “Pre-emptive analgesia - an effect of a small dose of ketamine on a postoperative analgesic requirement in patients receiving general anaesthesia for various surgeries.”
Seminar, Conference, and CME
- Attended CME and Workshop on Ultrasound in anaesthesia- “freeze frame: block and vein” 2014 at K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- Attended CME and Workshop on Difficult Airway - “Airway Ahead 2013”- All India Difficult Airway Association at Father Muller’s Medical College, Mangalore.
- Attended Workshop on “Simulation in Crisis Management” -2013 at 29th Annual South Zone ISA conference, JIPMER, Puducherry.
- Attended KISACON 2013 (the 30th Annual State Conference of the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists) at Bangalore, Karnataka.
- CME and Workshop at PONSZAC-2013: 4th Annual State conference ISA and Puducherry, 29th Annual South Zone ISA conference, JIPMER Puducherry.
- Neuro Care - CME on neuro anaesthesia and critical care held on 22nd June 2014 under Indian society of neuro anaesthesiology and critical care.
- Attended KISACON 2012 (the 30th Annual State Conference of the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists) at Mangalore, Karnataka
- CAAP, 2014 Government Medical College Kozhikode.
- KMC Mangalore Anaesthesia CME 2013. KMC MAC 2013
- CME and Workshop on “Basic Medical statistics” -2013 at A. J. Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore.
- CME and Workshop on “Focus Assessed Transthoracic Echocardiography”- 2014 at A. J. Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore.
- CME and Workshop on “Mechanical Ventilation” - 2015 Goa
- Conference and Monthly meet of ISCCM at Bangalore in 2016.
- ISCCM monthly meetings and conferences conducted by ISCCM goa branch.