Dr. Y Rama Sanjai
Dr. Rama is the best urologist in Hyderabad and at Aster Prime hospital. He completed his MBBS in 1991 and MS in General Surgery from Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool in 1995. In 1998,
Dr. Rama Sanjai completed MCh in Urology from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad in 1998. Dr. Rama Sanjai is a member of the Urological Society of India (USI), Andhra State Society of Genito Urinary Surgery, and Indian Association for Sexology.
Dr. Rama Sanjai areas of expertise includes vascular surgery, urinary incontinence (UI) treatment, laser prostatectomy, urology consultation, urostomy, blood in urine (Hematuria) treatment, andrology, direct visual internal urethrotomy (DVIU), genitourinary surgery, paediatric urology, cystoscopy, ureteroscopy (URS), laparoscopy, reconstructive urology, and urinary tract infection (UTI).
Dr. Sanjai finished his internship from Government General Hospital in the year 1991. Dr. Sanjai joined Kurnool Medical College and Hospital, Andhra Pradesh in the year 1992 as a Resident in General Surgery and completed his residency in the year 1995.
He started as a Resident in Urology at Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Hyderabad in the year 1996 at the Department of Urology. Dr. Sanjai joined Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad in the year 1998 as a Senior Resident and teaching fellow and completed his fellowship in the year 1999.
Dr. Sanjai joined Deccan College of Medical Sciences as an Assistant professor of Urology in the year 2001.
Dr. Sanjai has an overall experience of thirteen years in renal transplant. He has been actively associated with 350 Renal Transplant and has performed 18 transplants independently.
Dr. Rama Sanjai has performed over 1200 varicocele surgeries, microsurgical reversals of vasectomies and also tubal recanalisations so far.
- During general surgery residency program presented a thesis titled “A CLINICAL STUDY OF INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION”
- During urology residency conducted a study on “TUBERCULOUS EPIDIDYMITIS – A STUDY OF 4 CASES” and “MANAGEMENT OF ECTOPIA IN URETERAL DUPLICATION”.
Paper presentations & Publications
- TUBERCULOUS EPIDIDYMITS – A STUDY OF 4 CASES at IX Annual state conference of Society of Genitourinary Surgeons, Andhra Pradesh during 4th and 5th October 1997.
- MANAGEMENT OF ECTOPIA IN URETERAL DUPLICATIONS at IX Annual state conference of Society of Genitourinary Surgeons, Andhra Pradesh during 4th and 5th October 1997.
- BOARI FLAP IN URETERIC RECONSTRUCTION – OUR EXPERIENCE. at X Annual state conference of Society of Genitourinary Surgeons, Andhra Pradesh during 1998.
- Presented a poster titled “ADENOCARCINOMA OF RENAL PELVIS WITH XGPN – a case report at XI Annual state conference of Society of Genitourinary Surgeons, Andhra Pradesh during August 1999.
- Chromophobe Renal Cell Carcinoma – a case report at South Zone Urological Conference at Bangalore – July 2001.
- Dr. Rama Sanjai received the best paper award for “Management of Ectopia in Ureteral Duplication” presented at Annual Conference, Andhra Pradesh society of Genitourinary surgeons at Vishakapatnam in October 1997.
- Dr. Rama Sanjai received 2nd best poster award for “Adenocarcinoma of the Renal Pelvis with XGPN – a case report” presented at Annual Conference, Andhra Pradesh society of Genitourinary surgeons at Kurnool in august 1999.