Dr. Anoop Thomas
Consultant - Neurospine Surgery
Dr. Anoop Thomas is a neurosurgeon with over 11 years of experience in the field of spine and brain micro neurosurgery and complex spine surgery. His field of interest is in surgery for degenerative spine diseases like lumbar disc disease and cervical disc disease, spine tumours and spine reconstruction in oncological diseases, Minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Anoop Thomas passed his MBBS from Government Medical college, Kottayam in the year 2008 and subsequently did his MS in general surgery from Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
He did his MCh in neurosurgery from Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences Mumbai. Thereafter he did 2 year fellowship in skull base surgery and neuro oncology from Amrita Institute of medical sciences, Kochi. During this period, he has undergone training in advanced spine surgery also. He is a diplomate of the national board and member of the Royal college of surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS).
He has been in Lourdes hospital Kochi as consultant Neurosurgeon for 3 years and thereafter served as assistant professor neurosurgery in Amrita institute of medical sciences. He was teaching faculty for the MCh Neurosurgery trainees as well as the post-doctoral Fellowship programme in advanced spine surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery for 5 years before joining Aster Medcity, Kochi.
- Cranio vertebral (CV) junction surgeries
- Scoliosis surgery
- Deformity correction
- Surgery for spinal tumours
- Surgery for lumbar and cervical disc
- Sacral tumours
- Spinal dysraphism
- Surgery for spine injuries, cervical thorasic and lumbar.
- Minimally invasive spine fixation, minimally invasive spine tumour surgery, MIS TLIF etc
- Laminectomy, laminoplasty.
- Cervical lateral mass fixation
- Trans oral odontoid excision
- Surgery for spinal metastasis
- Spinal stabilisation in oncologic diseases
- 360 degree fusion of lumbar, cervical and thorasic spine and CV junction
- Adult deformity surgery
- Trans pedicular biopsy, Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty
- Spinal cord stimulation and functional spine surgery
- Endoscopic surgery for spine
- PLIF, TLIF
- Pedicle screw fixation and Percutaneous pedicle screw fixation
- Surgery for syringomyelia
- Surgery for stroke
- Endoscopic and open evacuation of brain clots
- Chiari malformation
- Arachnoid cysts
- Cranial trauma,
- Brain tumour surgery
- Skull base microsurgery
- Assistant Professor & faculty for post doctoral fellowship programme in advanced spine surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Member of Neurological Society of India
- Member of Neurospinal surgeons’ association of India (NSSA)
- Member of AO spine
- Postgraduate teacher in neurosurgery
- Faculty for many conferences in national and international level.
- Many research articles published in peer reviewed journals