Dr. Rommel S
Consultant - HPB & Liver Transplant Surgery
Dr. Rommel S is a skilled and qualified Hepato Pancreato Biliary surgeon registered under Karnataka Medical Council, India. Presently he is working as Consultant in HPB & Liver Transplant Surgery at Aster RV, Bengaluru. He has completed his MBBS from B.M Patil Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka and M.S in General Surgery from Mysore Medical College, Karnataka. He then did his MCh in HPB Surgery from Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, which has equipped him with the knowledge and skills necessary for complex HPB surgical procedures. Dr Rommel has an overall 12 years of experience in the field of surgery.
- HPB surgery
- Liver Transplant
Dr Rommel has a strong background in HPB and liver transplant surgery. He has been a part of several liver transplant programs in South India. His interests include HPB cancers, complex liver resections, pancreatic diseases and surgeries for pancreatitis.
- Antegrade arterial and portal flushing versus portal flushing only for right lobe live donor liver transplantation - A Randomized control trial, Transplantation. 2018 Apr;102(4):e155-e162.
- Effect of Proximal Splenorenal Shunt on Intraoperative Portal Venous Pressure and Its Correlation with Clinical Outcomes. Indian Journal of Surgery.2019 August vol. 81(4), pp. 338+
- Carcinoma gall bladder with cardiac metastasis presenting as liver abscess: first ever reported" Tropical Gastroenterology 2008, doi.org/10.7869/tg.498
- LDLT for Acute Liver Failure- Donor and Recipient Outcomes- Liver Transplantation. 2019 Sep;25(9):1408-1421.
- Letter to the editor- Kasai Portoenterostomy for Biliary Atresia – Surgical Precautions for Better Outcomes, Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2018.09.028
- Abstract T1 - 42. Preoperative Graft Weight Prediction Using Donor Biometrics in Living Donor Liver Transplantation: Are They Accurate? Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, 10.1016/j.jceh.2019.04.045
- Abstract T1 - 44. A “Unifying Cloaca” Technique for Achieving Adequate Outflow in Living Donor Liver Transplantation Irrespective of Individual Graft Anatomy, Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, 10.1016/j.jceh.2019.04.047
- Abstract AT-295-Diagnostic accuracy of non-invasive Methods (NFS Score and FIB-4) for detecting advanced fibrosis: A validation study of NFS score and FIB-4 in a cohort of South Indian patients with NAFLD, Journal of Hepatology, 10.1016/S0618-8278(19)31527-0
- Two Hundred Consecutive Adult Elective Live Donor Liver Transplant for End Stage Liver Disease in a Public Sector Hospital in India- Abstract submitted to ILTS 2017
- Oral presentation at Joint International Congress of ILTS, ELITA & LICAGE, May 2017, Prague- Living Donor Liver Transplant for acute liver failure in paediatric patients
- Oral award paper presentation at IASG 2017 at Pondicherry- Diffusion weighted MRI in infected pancreatic necrosis
- Oral paper presentation at IASG 2017 at Pondicherry- Antegrade arterial and portal flushing versus portal flushing only for right lobe live donor liver transplantation - A Randomized control trial
- Poster presentation at IASG 2017 at Pondicherry- Living Donor Liver Transplant for acute liver failure in paediatric patients
- Poster presentation at Berne World pancreas forum June 2017- Diffusion weighted MRI in infected pancreatic necrosis
- Best poster prize at MCLD 2018