Dr. Nikhil Gulavani
Dr. Nikhil Gulavani is a consultant in surgical oncology department at the best surgical oncology hospital in Kolhapur - Aster MIMS
Dr. Nikhil Gulavani is well versed in the management of all types of cancers especially, Head & Neck cancers, Breast cancers, Gastrointestinal cancers, Colorectal cancers, Gynecological malignancies, Peritoneal surface malignancies and HIPEC, Soft tissue cancers, Esophageal cancers. He has a keen interest in Minimal access oncosurgery in the form of laparoscopic and Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery. He has vast experience and expertise and has performed more than 2000 different cancer surgeries till now.
- Breast Cancers: Breast cancer surgery removes malignant growths in one or both breasts. It is important to be able to offer patients surgical options that preserve as much of the breast as possible.
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancers: GI Cancer managements addresses colon and colorectal cancers that involve tumors in the rectum or large intestine as well as Esophagogastric cancers.
- Head and Neck cancers: Cancer management in the region of oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, nasopharynx, oropharynx, hypopharynx, larynx and lymph nodes.
- Thoracic Cancers: All thoracic malignancies management such as tumours of the lung, oesophagus, mediastinum and chest wall. It also serves patients with pulmonary metastases from other cancers.
- Gynecologic Cancers: Gynaecologic Oncology focuses on diagnosing and treating women with cancers of the reproductive system. Cancers can occur in any part of the female reproductive system–the vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, or ovaries.
- Peritoneal surface cancer surgery and HIPEC: Intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemoperfusion (HIPEC) is a type of hyperthermia therapy used in combination with surgery in the treatment of advanced abdominal cancers.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries for cancers
- Completed Overseas training in Surgical Oncology (Digestive oncosurgery with HIPEC, Breast oncology, and Head and neck services) at Gustave Roussy Institute of Oncology, Grand Paris (France).
- VATS training (Video-assisted Thoracoscopic surgery), at Covidien innovation center, Mumbai.
- Advanced Laparoscopic training at Ethicon, Johnson and Johnson, Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai.
- Has performed over 2000 Oncosurgeries so far
- Junior resident in General Surgery in Department of Surgery at Kasturba medical college, Manipal from 2008 till 2011.
- Senior resident in General Surgery in Department of Surgery at Kasturba medical college, Manipal from 2011 till 2012.
- Clinical Assistant in Surgical oncology, in Centre for Cancer, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital, Mumbai from 2012 till 2013.
- DNB super speciality trainee, in Surgical oncology, in Centre for Cancer, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital 2013 – 2016
- Associate consultant in Center for cancer, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, from 2016 to 2017
- Consultant Surgical oncologist at HCG-APEX cancer center, Borivali, Mumbai in 2017
- Chief consultant surgical oncologist at Apple cancer institute, Kolhapur from 2017 till 2021
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Aster Aadhar Hospital from 2021