A highly advanced technique that involves approaching the tumour through natural pathways i.e. the nose and sinuses, endoscopic skull base surgery replaces the need for craniotomy (surgical removal of a portion of the skull) for complex conditions including:
- Pituitary tumours
- CSF (Cerebro Spinal Fluid) Leak
- Craniopharyngioma (tumours that occur in the sellar/suprasellar region of the brain, near the pituitary gland)
- Encepahloceles (a rare, by-birth neural tube disorder characterised by sac-like protrusions of the brain and the membranes)
- Angiofibroma (vascualr tumour that grows in the back of the nasal cavity)
- Persistent Infundibular Embryonic Recess
- Esthesioneuroblastoma (tumours that extend to the anterior skull base)
A multidisciplinary procedure that involves both Neurosurgeons and Rhinologists, endoscopic skull base surgery can be performed in both adults and children.
Aster Medcity offers the latest, multi-angled Karl Storz endoscopes with neuro-navigation and nerve-monitoring that enable the surgical team to perform skull base surgeries with utmost efficiency and precision.
- Scarless surgery
- Improved outcomes
- Lesser pain
- Faster recovery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker return to normal life