Dr. Prashanth Y M
Sr. Consultant - CTVS Surgery
Dr. Prashanth has extensive experience in the field of adult and paediatric cardiac surgery, having been involved in over 6000 procedures. He specializes in all forms of adult cardiac surgeries, with his areas of interest including beating heart bypass surgeries, minimally invasive cardiac surgeries (MICS), valve repairs, surgeries for atrial fibrillation.
Having completed his MBBS from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, in 1999, he went on to specialize in General Surgery from Bangalore Medical College (2003). He then completed his MCh – Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery from Sri Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, in 2007.
Dr. Prashanth worked in leading multi-specialty hospitals prior to joining Aster group of hospitals in 2018.
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary bypass surgery- off pump; multi arterial
- Minimally Invasive Valve surgery, MICS CABG
- Valve repairs and replacements
- Aortic Surgery - conventional; hybrid/TEVAR
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement - TAVR/ TAVI
- Heart transplantation, Extra corporeal life support, LVAD’s
- Robotic thoracic surgery
- Comparative study of single- and double-patch techniques for sinus venosus atrial septal defect with partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection. Anand P Iyer, Krishnamanohar Somanrema, Sameet Pathak, Prashanth Y M, Suraj Pradhan, Shyam Krishnan. PMID: 16798243. DOI: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2005.09.011
- Supracardiac total anomalous pulmonary venous connection with a supramitral ring: a rare, surgically correctable anomaly. Anand P Iyer, Arunkumar Haridas, Sameet A Pathak, Rajnish Duara, Prashanth Y M, Sooraj Pradhan, Krishnamanohar S Rema
- An unusual case of Aspergillus endocarditis of native aortic valve following ECMO. S. Nanditha, GaneshKrishnan K T Iyer, B Raghu, Prashanth Y M, Vikas Yadav. PMID: 32421068. DOI: 10.1007/s12055-020-00950-z