Dr. Akila V
Consultant - Nephrology
Dr Akila V is a Consultant Nephrologist and Transplant physician at Aster CMI hospital. She has done her MD in General Medicine, from Bangalore Medical College and her DM in Nephrology from the Institute of Nephro Urology, Bangalore. She has completed her DNB Nephrology from National Board of Examination and European Specialty Examination in Nephrology (ESE Neph) from The Federation of Royal College of Physicians of United Kingdom, The Renal Association and The European Section and Board of Nephrology.
Her areas of interest include acute kidney injury, urinary tract infections, haemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis. She is actively involved in counseling and working up patients for renal transplantation. Her areas of interest in transplant include high risk transplants like highly sensitised patients, ABO incompatible transplants. She has been involved in the deceased donor transplant programme as well
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- University second rank in MBBS for aggregate of marks (batch 2004–2009), RGUHS Bangalore
- Secured 1st rank in MD, General Medicine from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore.
- Secured 1st rank in DM Nephrology examination, July 2019 conducted by RGUHS.
- Best oral paper in ISN, Bhuvaneshwar 2019 for "Study of Anti Complement factor H mediated disease at a tertiary care Centre"
- Third prize for poster in South ISN, Tirupathi, 2019 for "Study of MPGN based on the new classification at a tertiary care Centre"
- First prize for poster in South ISN, Tirupathi, 2019 for "Study of Anti Complement factor H mediated disease at a tertiary care Centre"
- Nephrology Association of Karnataka
- Karnataka Medical Council
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Nephrology