Dr. Shashank Shetty
Consultant - Nephrology
Dr Shashank Shetty is a Consultant Nephrologist and Transplant physician in ASTER CMI hospital. He completed his MD in General Medicine, in the prestigious Kasturba Medical College and his DM in Nephrology from the Institute of Nephro Urology (Bangalore Medical College).
A highly trained Nephrologist with many years of experience in the field of Nephrology, he has been involved in numerous live and cadaver kidney transplants.
His interests include management of patients with acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, urinary tract infections, hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis.
He has authored various papers that have been published in peer-reviewed international journals and he has presented at conferences in India and around the world. He has published numerous national and international papers.
Compassion and patient care is his Motto
- Critical care Nephrology
- Renal transplant – live and cadaver
- Kidney biopsy
- Percutaneous tunneled and non tunneled catheter insertion
- Pregnancy-Related Acute Kidney Injury - American Society of Nephrology –November 2016
- Gastrointestinal Tuberculosis Post Renal Transplant Single Centre Experience - Indian Society of Organ transplantation –October 2016
- HIV associated Nephropathy Single Centre experience-Indian Society of Nephrology –December 2016
- BUTT AND HIT - THE HEART KIDNEY SAGA: A SNAPSHOT AND LONG-TERM PERSPECTIVES -Raghava Sharma & Shashank Shetty. NUJHS Vol. 3, No.2, June 2013.
- Patient Population Suitable for Renal Transplant Among the Diagnosed End-Stage Renal Disease in A Tertiary Referral Center in South India. Shashank Shetty, Sujatha Siddappa, International Journal of Surgery and Transplantation VOL 1:3,27-29 March 2017.
- International Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Nephrology
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Nephrology Association of Karnataka