Dr. Binesh A
Senior Specialist - Paediatric Surgery
Dr. Binesh A is a senior specialist in Paediatric Surgery at the best multi-speciality hospital in Calicut - Aster MIMS. He obtained his MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Calicut. He did his DNB in General Surgery from Aster MIMS, Calicut. He obtained FIAGES (fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery) by Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES), followed by super specialization (M.Ch.) in Paediatric Surgery from Govt. Medical College, Calicut. He has worked in various capacities in multiple institutions during surgical training, including E.S.I. Hospital Thottada and Aster Mims Calicut.
- Paediatric and Neonatal Surgery
- Paediatric Gastrointestinal and Urologic procedures
- Laparoscopic and Endoscopic procedures
Dr. Binesh is the winner of prestigious Dr Swapna Dutta award for the best Paediatric Urology research paper presentation on 'ureteric volume assessment in MR urography in newborn babies with Posterior Urethral Valve and evaluation of its association with renal function' by Indian association of Paediatric Surgeons for the year 2022. It is the first time that a Paediatric Surgeon from kerala has received this award.
Dr. Binesh also eceived the Best Presenter award for the case presentation on Carcinoma Penis at SCOPE course conducted by ASI Delhi chapter at RML hospital in February 2016. SCOPE travelling fellowship was also awarded for the outstanding performance.
Dr. Binesh also got the opportunity to present a paper on Paediatric Trauma in 3rd World Trauma Congress held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi in the year 2016.
- Binesh A, Roshan Snehith, Abraham Mammen. The facets of paediatric trauma eventuating from RTA – A tertiary health care centre based retrospective study. Natl Med J India 2016;29(suppl 1):91.
- Kuruvilla R, Vimal MV, Binesh A. A new technique to avoid sternotomy in retrosternal thyroid surgery. Indian J Surg 2021;83:555–558.
- George A, Viswanath UV, Mammen A, Binesh A. Fetal immature sacrococcygeal teratoma. Kerala Surg J 2020;26:217-8.
- Akshay Viswanath UV, Thappa SK, Mammen A, Binesh A, A rare syndromic case of total colonic aganglionosis. Kerala Surg J 2021;27:96-8.
- Pavithran P, Arayullathil B. Preoperative cardiology referral practices at a tertiary care centre: A retrospective observational study. Natl Med J India 2022;35:00–0.
Other Paper Presentations
Presented a paper on the optimal position of incision for thyroidectomy at KASICON 2015 at Kannur
Presented a paper on Adult trauma in TRAUMASICON 2016 at St. John’s Medical College Bengaluru in June 2016.
Presented a paper on Intussusception in 76th Annual National conference of The Associations of Surgeons of India held at Mysuru in December 2016 Underwent Advance Laparoscopic Surgery programme organized by Ethicon on July 13-14, 2017 at EISE