Dr. Girish SP
Lead Consultant - General & GI Surgery
Dr. Girish SP is working as Lead Consultant - General & GI Surgery at Aster RV Hospital, Bangalore. He has completed his M.Ch in Gastrointestinal Surgery/Liver transplant from G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi (2003-2006) and MS in General Surgery (1996-1999). He has over 20 years of experience in Medical Practice, Laparoscopic Surgeries, Teaching, and Administration. He is an expert in the complete range of Surgical Gastroenterology including Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary surgery as well as GI oncology and conducting Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries (Colorectal, Esophagectomies, and HPB and gastric surgery) and Bariatric Surgery. He has expertise in the entire range of diagnostic and invasive Endoscopy – Upper and lowers GI and ERCP. He also has experience in teaching undergraduate and post-graduate students on general, vascular, and gastrointestinal surgery.
Previously he worked as a consultant surgical gastroenterologist at Manipal Hospital Whitefield and Visiting consultant at CMH, Peopletree Hospital Bangalore. He also worked as a consultant surgical gastroenterologist at Narayana Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital Whitefield Bangalore.
- Handling of casualty and dangerously ill In-Patients
- Experience in History-taking, undertaking routine & diagnostic investigations, daily ward rounds, and handling patient counseling sessions
- Ensuring and monitoring the administration of appropriate drugs to patients. ▪ Managing the conduct of
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopic work.
- Interfacing with specialists & multi-specialty units to ensure world-class standards of patient care.
- Providing outpatient/inpatient surgical services including diagnostic evaluation, patient treatment & recovery, and health maintenance programs.
- Operating under the general guidelines of treatment policies and procedures to include intervention protocols and after-care plans.
- Submitting information on care plans of patients, coordinating other services, maintaining complete patient charts, and supervising billing of services provided.
- Cooperating with peers and supportive staff to contribute to overall productivity and quality of the care of the team.
- Conducting Open laparoscopic General and Gastrointestinal Surgeries including:
- Trauma Surgery
- The entire range of advanced laparoscopic surgeries including GI malignancies, pouch surgery, Bariatric, and hernia surgery
- Advanced open and laparoscopic HPB surgeries including Hepatectomies and liver transplantation
- The entire range of Pancreatic Surgery including Re-Pancreatic Surgery
- Surgical GI oncology