Dr. Vinayak Kurle
Senior Specialist - ENT
Dr. Vinayak Kurle is working as a Senior Specialist from ENT department at Aster RV, Bengaluru.
He completed his MBBS in 2012 from Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara (SDM) College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad. He successfully underwent a M.S. in ENT from M.R. Medical College, Gulbarga in 2018 and later obtained a Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Cancer Research and Training Centre, Bangalore in March 2023.
Dr. Vinayak is a highly accomplished and dedicated medical professional with a diverse and extensive background in the field of medicine and oncology.
Dr. Vinayak has maintained affiliations with various hospitals, assuming diverse roles over the past 7 years. His journey began as a Junior Resident at M.R. Medical College and Basweshwara Teaching Hospital in Kalaburgi, Karnataka, while he was pursuing his Postgraduation in M.S. ENT. Following this, he held the position of Senior Resident at Grant Government Medical College, Sir JJ Group of Hospitals . Additionally, he worked as a Clinical Assistant at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Center in Mumbai. Later in his career, he ascended to the role of Senior Resident and Fellow within the Head and Neck Oncology Department at the prestigious Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, a renowned institution dedicated to cancer research and training in Bangalore.
Dr. Vinayak has made significant contributions by independently conducting a range of ENT surgeries, and Head and Neck procedure ranging from benign preauricular sinus excision,thyroglossal cyst excision to head and neck malignancies surgery like thyroidectomy , laryngectomy, composite resection in oral cancers. He has also collaborated with oncosurgeons in treating various head and neck malignancies, such as total and hemithyroidectomy, thyroglossal cyst excision, hemi and total glossectomy, excision of primary head and neck malignancies, and subsequent reconstruction. Additionally, he has actively engaged in clinical research and the publication of original research articles in reputable ENT journals. Furthermore, Dr. Vinayak has played a pivotal role in organising specialised clinics with onco-surgeons to establish comprehensive protocols for diagnosing, investigating, and treating patients with head and neck tumours.
His expertise extends to performing extensive neck dissections and various head and neck oncological procedures, including laryngectomy, thyroidectomy, parotidectomy, transoral resection, transoral laser surgery (TLM), composite resections, and complex reconstruction techniques like PMMC and submental flap. Looking ahead, Dr. Vinayak has also contributed valuable insights and collaborated with the hospital team in the establishment of the ENT department, equipment procurement, and the development of the department's dedicated web page.
- ENT emergencies
- Head and Neck Surgeries like Thyroidectomy , thyroglossal cyst excision , preauricular sinus excision, parotidectomy , laryngectomy , composite resection and reconstructive procedures.
- ENT procedures such as endoscopic ear surgery, mastoidectomy, endoscopic sinus surgery, DNS correction, endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy, endoscopic adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, micro-laryngeal surgery, branchial sinus excision, preauricular sinus, excision and emergency procedures like tracheostomy, foreign body removal.
- Salvage Surgery in Recurrent Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Jan 2022. Front Oral Health. 28;2:815606. doi: 0.3389/froh.2021.815606.
- Reconstruction of two discrete surgical defects in head and neck in the absence of free flap availability- an institutional experience. Jan 2022. International Journal of Scientific Research. 63-65. 10.36106/ijsr/2805089.
- Comparative study between diathermy and microdebrider for inferior turbinate reduction surgeries. Rhinology Online. Feb 2020. DOI 10.4193/RHINOL/19.033
- A study on endoscopic type I tympanoplasty in tubotympanic chronic suppurative otitis media. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. Apr 2020. DOI 10. 18203/issn.2454-5929.ijohns20194930
- Comparative study of primary closure versus non-closure of animal bite injuries in head and neck region: case study of 540 patients; International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/ 10. 18203/issn.2454-5929.ijohns2019
- The long term effects of firearm injuries on special senses; Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology; Aug 2019;5(3): 083-087. DOI: http://doi.org/10. 17352/2455-1759.000204
- Endoscopic removal of bullet lodged in left orbit. Medpulse international journal of ENT. Aug 2019
- Etiopathogenesis of Nasal obstruction, a radiological study. MedPulse International Journal of ENT; Vol 4(2); 11-14
- MRMC Neo Surgical Ventilating Port & Neo Attic Malleo - lncudal Complex in Endoscopic Management of Limited Attico-Antral Cholesteatoma. Indian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology & head & neck surgery; Jan-Mar 2018,70 (1); 33-37
- Assessment of Serum IgE levels in patients of Allergic Rhinitis. Al Ameen Journal of Medical Sciences; 2017:10(2); 136-140
- Anterior nasal packing versus Type III septal clips in post nasal septal submucus resection & septoplasty surgeries- A comparative study. Orissa Journal of OtoRhinoLaryngology & Head & neck Surgery; 2017 June: 11(1); 25-31
- 22nd Annual Conference Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO, 2021), Guwahati, Assam, 04-06 Nov 2022
- 21st Annual Conference Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO, 2021), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, 10-12 Dec 2021
- The 3rd International Scottish Head and Neck Conference, 18 Sep 2020, Dundee Institute of Head and Neck Education
- 4th Live Surgical Workshop on Head & Neck Surgery, 22 & 23rd Feb 2020 by Shri Harilal Bhagwati Hospital & Bhararatna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Hospital, Mumbai
- Hands on Temporal Bone Dissection Workshop, 13 to 15 Dec 2049 by MGM Medical College, Kamothe, Navi-Mumbai
- CME programme on “Managing Thyroid Cancer” held at Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai on 3rd and 4th August 2019
- 16th Symposium and workshop on Laryngo-tracheal surgery, 6-7th July 2019, Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai
- Workshop on “ESSENCE OF ENT” with cadaveric demonstration of endoscopic sinus surgery held at S.S. Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Davangere, 23- Dec 2017
- “1st Hands on Temporal Bone Dissection” held at Basaveshwara Teaching & General Hospital (attached to M. R. Medical College) Gulbarga, 5 August, 2017
- International workshop on “Anterior & lateral skull base Live Surgery & Cadaver Demonstration” held on 1-2 June 2017 at BLDE Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Vijayapur, Karnataka.
- Live Surgical Workshop on “Management of Laryngotracheal Stenosis” held on 22nd April, 2017 at MIMSR Medical Colege, Latur, Maharashtra
- Live Surgical Workshop on various ontological surgeries “OTOLOGY 25” demonstrated by Dr. H. Vijendra held from 24-26 March 2017, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Workshop on “FESS & BEYOND 2016” Cadaver Dissection & Live Surgical Workshop held on 27-28 August 2016 at Navodaya Medical College, Raichur.
Presentation at Conference
Paper presentation on -
- “Case Series of Tympanoplasty on Adhesive Otitis Media” at 35th AOIKCON 2017
- “A Case Report of Congenital Rubella Syndrome” at 34th AOIKCON 2016
- Poster presentation on
- “Prognostic indicators for Acinic cell carcinoma (AcCC) in head and neck region”, 22nd National Conference of FHNO
- “TORS-institutional experience at KIDWAI”, 22nd National Conference of FHN
- “Unusual Case of Olfactory Neuroblastoma” at 34th AOIKCON 2016
- Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- The Association of Otolaryngologists of India.