Aster Centre for Robotic Gastrointestinal Surgery operating under Aster Centre of Excellence in Gastrosciences offers specialized expertise, advanced robotic technology, and a multidisciplinary approach to provide minimally invasive surgical options for gastrointestinal conditions. It focuses on precision, patient-centered care, collaboration, research, and continuous improvement to deliver optimal outcomes and improve the quality of life for patients. The centre is equipped with state-of-the-art robotic systems, such as the da Vinci Surgical System, which are specifically designed for gastrointestinal surgeries.
We provide excellent care, right from diagnosis to the treatment and beyond at our world-class hospitals.
Want to find out more about the treatment? The answer to your questions can be found below.
What GI surgeries can be performed using robotic technology?
Robotic technology can be used for various GI surgeries, including:
- Esophageal surgery: Robotic systems can be used for procedures such as esophagectomy (removal of the esophagus), anti-reflux surgery, and esophageal myotomy for achalasia.
- Gastric surgery: Robotic-assisted gastrectomy (removal of part or all of the stomach) can be performed using robotic GI surgery techniques.
- Colorectal surgery: Robotic systems are utilized for procedures like colectomy (removal of part or all of the colon), rectal resection, and rectopexy.
- Hepatobiliary surgery: Robotic-assisted procedures can include liver resection, gallbladder removal, and biliary reconstruction.
- Pancreatic surgery: Robotic technology can be employed for pancreatic resections, including Whipple procedure, distal pancreatectomy, and robotic-assisted pancreaticoduodenectomy.
How does robotic GI surgery work?
Robotic GI surgery involves the use of a surgical robot, which consists of robotic arms equipped with specialized surgical instruments. The surgeon controls the robot from a console, where they operate using hand and foot controls. The robot translates the surgeon's movements into precise actions of the robotic arms, allowing for highly accurate and controlled surgical maneuvers.
The source of trustworthy health and medical information. Through this section, we provide research-based health information, and all that is happening in Aster Hospital.