Dr. Sunil Kumar K
Dr. Sunil Kumar K is an established clinician and researcher in the field of Pulmonology (Chest diseases), Critical care (Intensive Care) and Sleep Medicine with over 10 years of experience in the fields. He has had extensive academic training and professional experience, in India, Germany and the USA. He practices and believes in delivering evidence-based medicine for the best care, and keeps up-to-date with the latest advances in the field. Dr. Sunil Kumar has also established a state-of-the-art Interventional Pulmonary Program at Aster CMI, Bangalore which is widely regarded as one of the best programs in the country. This has led to ground-breaking work in Interventional Pulmonology, which has been presented in various international meetings.
Dr. Sunil Kumar K did his MBBS from the JJM Medical College (Davangere), followed by MD in Internal Medicine (General Medicine) from MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore. As the fields of Critical Care and Interventional Pulmonology always fascinated him, he decided to pursue a career in the field of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine and completed his D.M (Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine) from the prestigious Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi. He has received extensive training in Pleural, Diagnostic, and Therapeutic Bronchoscopy under world-renowned interventional pulmonologists. He has also trained in Interventional Pulmonology Under stalwarts at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA and Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Critical Care
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplant
- Sleep Medicine
- Established a state-of-the-art Interventional Pulmonary Program at Aster CMI, Bangalore, widely regarded as one of the best programs in the country.
- Trained in Interventional Pulmonology at the Respiratory Institute, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
- Trained in Interventional Pulmonology at Department of Pulmonology and Critical care Medicine, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Member of ISCCM (Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine)
- Member of NCCP (National College of Chest Physicians)
- Member of IAB (Indian Association for Bronchology)
- Defining expanded areas in EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound) ampling: EBUS guided trans? and intra?pulmonary artery needle aspiration, with a review of transvascular EBUS. The Clinical Respiratory Journal, Volume12, Issue5, May 2018, Pages 1958-1963