Dr. Sushma Gopalan
Child Life Specialist
Dr. Sushma Gopalan is a well experienced Counselling and Clinical psychologist who holds a Masters degree in Genetics and Master’s in Counselling Psychology. She is currently a research scholar who is completing her doctorate programme in clinical psychology. She also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health, Certified in Guidance and Counselling, Child development, a certified Gatekeeper in Suicide Prevention and a Life Skills Trainer.
- Trained in conducting psychological assessments for children and adults which include personality tests, IQ tests, Screening for Anxiety, Stress, Depression and Suicidal Ideation, Marital compatibility, Family index, Postpartum Depression and a wide range of clinical rating scales.
- Trained in providing therapy for various psychological issues by incorporation of Talk Therapies like Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Supportive psychotherapy, Play Therapy and Mindfulness therapy along with Relaxation Techniques.
- Experienced in conducting family and group therapies which in turn can mediate a better learning and coping environment.
- Experienced in dealing with issues associated with grief, trauma, bereavement, PTSD and PPD in addition to depression, stress, anxiety, adolescent stressors, suicidal ideation, self-harm, body image issues, substance abuse, addiction and somatic disorders.
- Child and family counselling, planning, interventions and implementation of coping strategies for families to function better as a unit especially in cases of families with special needs children or family discord.
- Been a part of screening camps for Mentally challenged across different states of Tamil Nadu as part of Professional Applied Psychologists Association.
- An active participant of the National Workshop on Saach – A Truth; which focussed on Forensics and Lie Detection as a reliable tool in Corporate investigations and interrogations.
- One of the keynote speakers in ISRO for a talk on the Mental Health of defence personnel.