Egg freezing is a process that involves the hormonal stimulation of the ovaries, followed by transvaginal reclamation and posterior freezing and storehouse of a woman’s feasible eggs.
Egg freezing has come a long way since the first birth from a cryopreserved mortal oocyte was reported in the Lancet in 1986.
Social egg freezing refers to the cryopreservation of mature oocytes on an optional base for the purpose of delayed travail.
Indications of Egg Freezing
Medical: Hematological diseases, Sickle cell anemia, Thallassaemia, Major aplastic anaemia, SLE, Multiple sclerosis, Autoimmune thrombocytopenia( Exposure to Gonadotoxic agents)
Cases who bear to suffer chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Precautionary oophorectomy is done In carriers of BRCA 1 & 2 mutations as there's 40 threat of ovarian CA
Social: Career bournes, late marriage, not chancing the right mate, fiscal insecurity.
Myths and data of Egg Freezing
- Egg freezing is only for aged women.
- Egg indurating guarantees gestation in the future.
- Egg freezing is an invasive and painful procedure.
- Women with medical conditions can not indurate their eggs.
- Frozen eggs have a limited shelf life.
- Egg freezing is only for single women.
- Egg freezing is too precious and not accessible to everyone.
- Egg freezing is analogous to embryo freezing.
- Egg freezing can beget health pitfalls or complications.